5/30/2008

Reviving an old project! Well, kind of...

Back in 2006, when I was a 3rd-year 4th-year student at the Faculty of Engineering, University of Porto, I was involved in one of the academic assignments I liked most for a course subject entitled Software Engineering Laboratory. It was a project involving 4 teams, each responsible for developing a module of a sole system. We called it SU which basically stands for Software Understanding.

I have kind of "revived" part the project. I mean, I have downloaded most of the required software in order to be able to run SU, including but not limited to Postgres, outdated versions of Ruby, Ruby on Rails and other modules...

I have decided to record a screencast because I thought it was kind of funny to remember it again and also to make you all know about it. I did not include a voice track in the screencast because I didn't want to spend much time preparing the script.

You will also notice that there are some typos, translation errors, and some serious usability issues that should have been solved.

Well, I hope you enjoy it!

2 comments:

Daniel said...

You were a 4th-year student, not 3rd! :P

imkira said...

Erm.... 2008/05-2006/12 < 2! Oops!!!
You are right Daniel! :)
Thanks mate!